1. What is the name of the project you are working on?
2. Can the contractor modify the company specifications?
3. Where should excavated material be stored?
4. Where are the hot bends stored?
5. Who is responsible for coating field joints and repairing coating on the ROW.
6. Who is responsible for disposal of Hydro test water and used pigs.
7. What should the contractor do before beginning excavation?
8. When should the contractor install construction warning signs and goal posts at power line crossings?
9. When should the contractor notify Inspection of changes to the daily work plan (scatter sheet)?
10. When should the contractor fill out and sign JSA’s?
11. When are weed wash stations required?
12. What is the Pipeline in-service date per scope of work?
13. What are the facility names for this project?
14. What size are the launchers and receivers and locations?
15. How Many HDD’s are on this project?
16. Who is responsible for completing the HDD’s?
17. What does HDD stand for?
18. What method of locating foreign lines does Plains require?
19. How is daily pipeline progress measured?
20. Who gives final approval of Fabrication progress?
21. What are the 4 major fabricated items on this project?
22. When is the contractor allowed to submit billing (draw requests)?
23. Who is responsible for coordinating the contractors work?
24. Who is the survey company for this project?
25. When are gate guards to be used?
26. Who is responsible for obtaining Federal, State and County Permits?
27. What materials are the contractor responsible for?
28. What Materials are the Company (Plains) responsible for?
29. Who is responsible for the transfer of materials from Company yard to contractor?
30. Who is responsible for receiving materials at the company yard?
31. What is the minimum pipe length that is to be sent back to company yard?
32. What three things must be on location with each welding crew for fire prevention? 33. Who has to be on site before work can begin?
34. What are the reasons we need the contractors as planned schedule?
35. How often will progress be compared between contractor and company rep (inspection)?
36. Who will review the water body crossings and environmentally sensitive areas?
37. By what time each day shall the contractor submit a scatter sheet?
38. What shall the contractor have on site at each HDD in case of inadvertent return?
39. What is our welding procedure? (Give Procedure number)
40. How many day notice does the company need to acquire a discharge permit?
41. Where are Cathodic Test Stations to be installed?
42. Is electrical included in this scope of work?
43. How much permanent easement does the company have?
44. How much temporary easement have?
45. Who is in charge of Dust Control on the ROW?
46. What is the thickness and brand of rock shield being used?
47. How many BCVI habitats are on the project?
48. Can the contractor burn on the ROW?
49. What is the minimal amount of cover for the main line pipe?
50. What methods are approved for boring roads per the Permits?
51. Watch coating at tie ins where the pipe meets the backfill, pipe will move back and forth at backfill shall be rock shielded.
52. Can inspection direct work?
53. Can or should inspectors make suggestions to the contractor?
54. If there is a discrepancy between the SOW and the Specs what should you do?
55. What does SOW stand for?
56. What does CIS stand for?
57. What does GAS stand for?
58. What does ROW stand for?
59. What are welders required to have in possession at all times?
60. What should the Welding inspector take from a welder who is being removed from the project?
61. What type coating is approved to use on girth welds and holiday repairs?
62. What “certs” (certifications) should a coating inspector have?
63. How many mils of what type of coating is on our main line pipe?
64. How many mils of what two types of coating are on our Bore/Hdd pipe?
65. Which coating above is the parent coating and which is the sacrificial coating?
66. What is a MTR?
67. What materials do we need a MTR for?
68. What size materials is the contractor responsible for?
69. Who is responsible for mtr’s for contractor purchased materials?
70. What is the spec for Jeep voltage for holiday detection?
71. What is the final say on torqueing pressures?
72. When should an inspector sign a contractors daily work ticket?